I’m chuckling a bit at my last post. I’m not usually one to overburden myself, and I generally settle into a nice rhythm of craftiness, laziness, and quality family time during the holidays. Not this year! I decided it’d be fun to have this be the year of handmade Christmas gifts, which did turn out to be fun and more special (on my end, at least). I think I may do it again, but for heaven’s sake, someone please remind me to START EARLIER!!
Oh, and there were just a few other errands and projects thrown in for good measure. Just to give you an idea, in the last few weeks, I…
- Prepped for two birthday parties
- Made a birthday cake (hers is prettier) and a few goodies for neighbor gifts
- Made several errand runs, each with the world’s most ridiculous and belligerent almost-three-year-olds in tow (can you blame me for doing most of my Christmas shopping online?!)
- Took the van in to be repaired before its warranty expired
- Sang at a Christmas dinner party, and made giant pageant animals for another
- Helped my brother purchase a Christmas gift from a cruise ship
- Attended extra evening choir practices for the world’s most ambitious church choir undertaking
- Took myself or kids to four different doctors’ appointments (Ear infections! Blood tests! Barfing!)
- Made dinner for a sick friend from church
- Hand-made presents for my brother,
his two sweet-pea daughters
and his son (there were velcro-covered wiffle balls to go with this ),
both of my parents (patterns here, for knitters!),
the in-laws (I forgot to take a picture!), some ladies from church (recipes here!),
a family friend (pattern!),
and my grandmother (pattern).
And all this, on top of all my usual duties as mom, chef, maid, Cub Scout leader, and wife. All I can say is, I need a nap. Please don’t wake me until 2013.