We had a really yummy (and easy!) dinner last night, so I thought I’d share. Enjoy!
Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
adapted from bhg.com
1 6-ounce package long grain and wild rice mix (make sure you choose one with good flavor. I strongly suggest good ol’ Uncle Ben.)
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil (or 1/2 teaspoon dried. I used fresh. Yum.)
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and celery in butter, salt, and pepper.
3. Increasing heat to med-high, pour in white wine (or broth) and add basil and chicken. Reduce until liquid is about half gone.
4. Remove from heat and stir in soup and sour cream. When rice has finished cooking, stir it in.
5. Place mixture in 2-3 qt. casserole dish and sprinkle cheese over top. Bake 25-35 mins, until heated through.
6. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until heated through. Serves 4 adults…or 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 toddlers with a bit left over. 🙂